In 2020, sota clothing had the opportunity to partner with Minneapolis-based non-profit Still Kickin. Famed for helping awesome people going through terrible things, they select a new hero each month and gift them a "no-strings-attached financial grant to help them get through whatever tough thing they're dealing with." Through co-branded merchandise, our summer warehouse sale, Omni Brewery's collaboration brew, and the RoundUp at checkout, we were able to raise over $32,000 so Still Kickin can continually increase their impact in our community.
With the year ahead, we will continue to strengthen those who've dedicated their lives to serving on the front lines, bringing hope and restoration to our communities. In 2021, we will be doing this through our partnership with Minneapolis-based non-profit: Pillsbury United Communities.
- Breaking Ice: an award-winning program of Pillsbury House Theatre that paves way for dialogue around issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace
- Full Cycle: bicycle shop in south Minneapolis that provides paid internships for youth experiencing homelessness
- KRSM Radio: producing programs in over six languages, KRSM is a pathway for youth and adults to launch careers in media,
- North Market: a new kind of grocery store that offers nutritious food, healthcare services, and community wellness in North Minneapolis
- North News: a North Minneapolis community news source produced in part by student journalists
- Pillsbury Early Education Center: an accredited learning center that assures children are prepared for kindergarten
- Pillsbury House Theatre: an outlet for the best local talent to share transformational art with the their community and engaging in conversations that bring about positive change
- Sisterhood Boutique: a fashion retail boutique designed and ran by East African women in the Cedar Riverside neighborhood
In the year ahead, we invite you to join us in standing with Pillsbury United Communities in the restorative work they are doing within our own community.
1. Purchase our MN Nice Tote bag
- $1/pint will be donated to PUC
- 10% of the warehouse sales will be donated to Pillsbury United Communities
- contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to learn more about PUC or get involved
5. "round up"to the next dollar on on-line orders at sotaclothing.com to donate to PUC