In 2019 we had the opportunity to partner with our neighbors at the St. Louis Park Emergency Program (STEP). STEP’s vision has remained consistent since its 1975 establishment by local faith communities: to identify, address and respond to the critical and emergency needs of residents in St. Louis Park. Being the community’s only food shelf, the social service agency has grown from serving 300 people in its first year to now just under 4,000 per year. Through merchandise, events, collaboration brews with Omni and Lynlake Brewery, we were able to raise over $18,000 so they can continually increase their impact in the community.
With the year ahead we will continue to help strengthen those who've dedicated their lives to serving on the front lines, bringing hope and restoration to our communities. In 2020, we will be doing this through our partnership with a Minneapolis-based non-profit: Still Kickin. They've become famed for helping awesome people going through terrible things. Each month, they select a new hero and gift them a "a no-strings-attached financial grant to help them get through whatever tough thing they're dealing with." These funds come from purchasing Still Kickin merchandise as well as donations from their ticketed events.
In this new year, consider how you too can use your talent, time, and dollar to make a greater impact and strengthen our local heroes alongside us.
1. Purchase our MN Nice Tote Bag
- 100% of profits from sota clothing x Still Kickin can cooler is donated to Still Kickin
- $1/pint will be donated to the MN Nice Project
- 10% of the warehouse sales will be donated to STILL KICKIN
- staff pop-ups and community events, organize merch, and assist in warehouse tasks at Still Kickin
6. "round up"to the next dollar on on-line orders at sotaclothing.com to donate to Still Kickin